It is not easy to get in to the shoes of a technical buyer, especially when technology is a fast changing sphere. Trying to decide between the right kind of applications and systems can be really challenging. Not only does the technical buyer need to justify the choice of applications or systems, they also have to prove that it is worth the investment and that integration with the existing platforms will be easy. Cost of ownership is another area of concern as even if you are able to find the ideal system, you will need to keep in mind that the installation, implementation, training, maintenance and future upgrades can increase the overall cost of ownership. If anything goes wrong, the technical buyer will be blamed unequivocally.
So how does the technical buyer go about it when he has to decide on a enterprise communication system for the company?
Companies often find it really difficult to provide the right kind of telephone system to its employees, especially a phone system that can meet the modern demands of telephony. The majority of the organizations who already have an existing telephone system are not in a position to incur extra expenses on upgrading or a buying a new system. The legacy systems often suffer from a lot of issues like dropped calls, old calling features, spotty service and high operating costs. These are indicators that tell the business owners about the need to switch to a new phone system.
Unified Communication System
How great will it be to find a system that an administrator with no or minimum technical knowledge can maintain and manage? Well, unified communications can just do that, especially if you already have a VoIP telephone system. Unified communication system is the latest rollout from the telecommunication technology stable that provides a completely integrated system. This integrated system is centralized and can be managed without too much effort or time.
Interests of technical buyers in Unified Communication
Here is a list of the key takeaways that technical buyers can expect from Unified Communications (UC):
- Unified communication is able to leverage the abilities of VoIP and integrate enterprise applications, multimedia communications, and personal information. Instant messaging, phone calls, video conferencing, presence, mobility, CRM/ERP, and tracking systems can be integrated on a single platform.
- Unified communications can be extended and used by on-premise IP-PBX systems easily.
- The unified communications have a variety of tools that can be used to initiate regular tasks in a personalized manner without too much time wasted on training.
- No major technical skills are required to install on-premise VoIP telephone systems; hence, deployment, maintenance and upgrades are really easy. It is the provider who would take care of all these and the users will never need to worry about the technical aspects.
- Unified communication creates a distribution of all the features across various communication channels, so scaling up or down can be carried out without any hassles.
- The distributed architecture of VoIP phone systems have pre-installed internal safeguards so power failures will never result in loss of data or a disruption in service.
- Unified communication makes it really easy to administer the different communication channels as the administrator will get to manage all the communication channels from a common platform.
Combine VoIP and Unified Communication
Unified communication provides a unique opportunity to all the users who want to leverage the power of VoIP in the right manner. VoIP itself is an amazing technology so the technical buyer has already got the job half done by opting for it. Unified communications will make them fall in love with amazing capabilities that it offers.
Experience Toshiba's UCedge
Toshiba has joined together all the features of unified communication in a new offering called UCedge. That makes the job of installing and implementing unified communication even easier.
About Baron Telecommunications
Baron Telecommunications has been offering communication services for over 30 years now. We provide system assessment, installation, and ongoing service. We provide advanced products from Toshiba and Shoretel. Call us today on (360)285-3690 for all your communication needs.